Brunswick Portland Head Light

Portland Head Light

Cape Elizabeth is the home of Portland Head Light. Situated along the spectacular shores of Fort Williams Park, the popular landmark is owned and managed by the Town of Cape Elizabeth, Maine.

The Museum at Portland Head Light is contained within the former Keepers’ Quarters. The award-winning Museum contains a number of lighthouse lenses and interpretative displays. Also on the site is a seasonal shop featuring fine lighthouse and Maine related gifts.

Brunswick Fort Port Lighthouse

Fort Point Lighthouse

The current square brick tower was erected in 1857 at 26 feet tall and is still active. It was named after the neighboring Fort Pownall, and the remains of the 18th-century fort are still there. You can explore the lighthouse grounds, which includes the keeper’s house, an oil house, a barn, and a pyramidal bell tower.

Brunswick Pemaquid Point Lighthouse

Pemaquid Point Lighthouse

The Pemaquid Point Lighthouse Park is located at the entrance to Muscongus Bay and Johns Bay, in the town of Bristol.  This Maine lighthouse has the Fisherman’s Museum on the first floor in the Keepers House.

Tower is open daily Memorial Day to Columbus Day.

Brunswick Squirrel Point Lighthouse

Squirrel Point Lighthouse

Located on Arrowsic Island in Maine, Squirrel Point Light is one of four navigational aids dating back to 1895 along the Kennebec River’s 11 mile stretch between the Atlantic Ocean and Bath, Maine. The U.S. Coast Guard, which owns the property, has granted the Citizens for Squirrel Point a license to provide access to the site for the benefit of the public and maritime industry for purposes consistent with the repair, maintenance and historic restoration of the facility.
Brunswick Doubling Point Light House

Doubling Point Lighthouse

Doubling Point Light is a lighthouse on the Kennebec River in Arrowsic, Maine. It was established in 1898, fifteen years after the founding of the Bath Iron Works, a major shipbuilder, 1.5 miles upriver.
Brunswick Hendricks Head Lighthouse

Hendricks Head Lighthouse

Hendrick’s head is a small promontory on the west side of Townsend harbor, at the mouth of the Sheepscot river. The uses of this light may be considered as prospective, for the present amount of navigation in the river hardly authorizes the expense of maintaining a light here. The character of the light (fixed) is highly objectionable, from its contiguity to Burnt Island light; which is similar, and this fact has already caused sad disasters and the loss of numerous lives, on being mistaken for the other. The light should be altered to a reciprocating one, if continued, with one lamp, properly fitted.